Smorgasbord - Politics, Lisp, Rails, Fencing, etc.

My musings on assortment of things ranging from politics, computer technology and programming to sports.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006


On this day:

Haskell

I wanted to learn Haskell a year back, and I did pick up little bit of it, but then didn't do much pogramming in it and so forgot most of the stuff. I was really impressed when I was learning it, and with the increasing hype about it, there seems all the reason for me to go back to learning it once again.

Darcs and Pugs are two widely used open source projects which are using Haskell. Audrey Tang [1] the founder and the lead hacker of the Pugs project, an implementation of Perl 6 in Haskell, recently she gave a good interview explaining why did she decide to choose Haskell and the merits of the language.

[1] I don't understand why Chinese people so readily change their names and adopt an English name.