Lisp Web application development - TBNL
I have been trying to develop a small sample web application using different lisp web application frameworks. For this purpose the two frameworks which I am going to evaluate are Edi Weitz's TBNL and Marco Baringer's Uncommon Web(UCW).
The steps to install and get started with tbnl are as follows:
- First install Apache using Spike Source's
core stack. I installed the WAMP stack, but one can use any other web stack also.
- Then download mod_lisp and copied the mod_lisp.so file to the modules folder in httpd directory of apache.
Some of the links are broken, so I downloaded mod_lisp from this link:
- Configure the httpd.conf file, using the instructions in tbnl's manual.
- Restart Apache.
- Fire up AllegroCL, and using asdf-install install tbnl and install all the required libraries using asdf-install.
- Follow the instructions to load the tbnl test suite, and start tbnl.
- Go to http://127.0.0.1/tbnl/test/ and you should able to see pages created by tbnl.
In a future post I will describe how to set up UCW.