WHO IS NAVEEN also
Hey Elance, we want our money back!
Recently, I also was talking to this crook, after his email in Ruby Forum, his messages where very cryptic, and he never signed his email messages with a name. Initially he wanted, a per hour rate, and then later asked me to quote a fixed rate for a particular spec (I think I have seen it on rentacoder, but I am not able to find it anymore, anyway I have put it online). I had some questions, about the spec, and when I asked him to talk to me, he agreed for a chat over AIM (no voice chat, only text based chat, didn't say anything about my offer to call me or use skype). He introduced himself as Mark, and said he is not a technical person, and other developers will be coming shortly to answer my questions. But, then he himself tried to answer my questions, and finally came to the conclusion, that he has given me the wrong specification. This really pissed me off, and I showed sarcasm, and this ended our conversation abruptly.
Before this, I had asked him if http://www.nakshsys.com/ was his company's website, he said no it is http://www.nakshsys.com/CRM/, which is rather wierd.
As a precautionary measure to all elancers, I will suggest before accepting any work, check the following:
- Do a thorough background check of the company or individual before accepting work from them. Google them.
- Try to get a written deed or an agreement with the company before accepting work.
- Make sure that you get some advance payment, before you deliver the work.
- If something makes you feel suspicious, recheck the company, call them up, or demand fees for every module which you finish, before starting work on the next module.
- It is always safer to use websites like www.rentacoder.com, or www.guru.com; inspite of the hefty fee charged by them. You should try to have some sort of escrow mechanism.
If there are any other suggestions which you would like to make, then please post them as a comment.
Info which I collected about Naveen:
Latest company - Nakshtra Systems
Email Id- email@example.com
Spec which he gave me is here